Emergency Room vs. Urgent Care Dental
“I’m having a dental emergency and I can’t reach my dentist. Shouldn’t I just go to the emergency room?”
- Unfortunately, most emergency rooms are not equipped to handle dental emergencies. At an emergency room you will probably experience long wait times and large copays with no real resolution to your dental issue.
- At Urgent Care Dental, we strive for short wait times. You will always be taken care of by a board certified dental professional with expertise in all aspects of dentistry.
Below are some scenarios for why people would come to Urgent Care Dental:
- I had a tooth extracted recently and I’m still bleeding. I can’t reach my dentist.
- My son was playing 2nd base and got hit in the face with the ball on Saturday Afternoon. His front tooth is chipped and seems loose now.
- It’s Monday at 6:00pm. While eating dinner, I bite into something hard and the crown falls off my front tooth. My dentist can fit me in the following afternoon but I can’t miss work.
- I have a swelling in my mouth. I haven’t been to a dentist in years. I would just like this problem taken care of. I don’t know where to go.
- My dentist told me I need a filling. They can’t fit me in for two weeks but I’m leaving on vacation in a few days. I would like to have this done before I leave.
- While brushing my daughter’s teeth I notice that her gum is swollen above one tooth. Could it be an infection? It’s the weekend and I don’t want to wait until Monday. I would like an answer now.